Over 25 million copies of this book have been sold and with good reason
In this episode we figure out how to apply these 7 habits to our own professional and personal lives. The author groups his 7 habits into 3 categories – independence, interdependence and continuous improvement. The habits are laid out in a way that are simple to follow. However ‘simple to follow’ does not necessarily equate to easy to do. At the beginning of the book he talks about what it will take to really make positive change in your life. You must work on your skills but more importantly you must work on your character. Are you up for the challenge?
What you will learn:
To improve your life –
- Improve your skills
- Work on your character
Be proactive –
- No matter the issue, it is your response to it that makes the difference.
Begin with the end –
- Don’t build a house without a plan
Put the first things –
- Ruthless prioritization
Think Win/Win –
- Most situations don’t need to be a competition
Seek first to understand, then to be understood –
- Imagine a doctor listens for a while and then says I’ve heard enough
- Team building exercises work….if you let them. Others in your company are not the problem. Everyone is doing the best they can with the information that they have.
Sharpen the saw –
- Physical fitness
- Spiritual fitness
- Mentally Healthy
- Social & emotional health